Am I Eligible for Medicare?
You're eligible for Original Medicare, or Part A and Part B, if you:
- Are age 65 or older
- Are disabled
- Have End-Stage Renal Disease
Use Medicare.gov's Eligibility Calculator to check your eligibility.
Am I Eligible for Medicare Advantage?
To be eligible for a Medicare Advantage plan, you:
- Must have Medicare Parts A and B.
- Must continue to pay your Medicare Part B premium, if not otherwise paid for under Medicare or by another third party.
- Must live in the plan's service area.
- Must have no employer or union coverage.
- Cannot have end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure).
With an HMO plan, if you get care from out-of-network providers, neither Medicare nor we will be responsible for the costs.
Learn more about Enrollment and Disenrollment requirements.
What If I’m Still Covered at Work?
You can keep the health plan you have and enroll in Medicare when you retire.
- If you keep medical coverage through your job and wait to get Part B, you’ll have 8 months from when you retire to add Part B without a penalty. When you’re ready to add Part B coverage, contact your local Social Security office.
- If you keep getting drug coverage through your job, you won’t pay a penalty if you add Part D later.
It’s important to talk to your employer before choosing to stay on your group plan or enroll in Medicare.